Re: Compiling problems

I'm all for this....  How about instead of using "ORBIT2_PREFIX" we use
"ENV_PREFIX".

"ENV_PREFIX" seems to be used in my Cygnus/GNU cross compile environment
setup.

Anyone else have something different?

-Dave

Dan Kegel <dank@kegel.com>@gnome.org on 04/23/2002 11:15:23 AM

Please respond to dank@kegel.com

Sent by:    orbit-list-admin@gnome.org

To:    Mark McLoughlin <mark@skynet.ie>
cc:    Katherine Goude <katherine.goude@baesystems.com>,
       orbit-list@gnome.org

Subject:    Re: Compiling problems

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> CFLAGS = $(shell pkg-config --cflags ORBit-2.0)

pkg-config is the spawn of the devil because it makes
it difficult to cross-compile (e.g. for the Sharp Zaurus).
Package-specific config scripts are slightly more cross-compile-friendly.

If you want your project to be cross-compile-friendly, and you're dead set
on using config scripts, you'd use something like this
to allow the user to override the path to pkg-config:

CFLAGS = $(shell $(ORBIT2_PREFIX)orbit2-config --cflags)

- Dan