Seg fault in PortableServer_POA_activate_object function

Thanks to everyone for helping me with my Makefile problem yesterday -
my server and client programs now successfully compile! :-)

But! ...when I run the server program I get a segmentation fault and it
crashes. I've added debug code and I've found the point where the seg
fault occurs. It occurs at the line:

objid = PortableSever_POA_activate_object(poa, newservent, ev)

Which is inside my impl_Calculator__create function (it's my first ever
program using ORBit2 so I'm just attempting a simple calculator).

Any ideas what might cause this error?

Thanks in advance,
Katherine