Re: Interoperability with Visibroker arrays inside structs passing

Hi Sergiu,

	I really should read ahead in my inboc before responding :-)

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Sergiu Gavrila wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to use the ORBit2 broker (ORBit2-2.3.107) to get access to a
> CORBA app server (Visibroker). All is nice until I try to pass a struct
> that containes an array of octes (IDL below). At this moment the
> CORBA server crashes or, if the typedef is used, it just receives the
> same array all the time, no matter what I actually pass. This problem
> does not appear if I use ORBit-0.5.15 (but with this one I have other
> problems). As I can't modify the Visibroker server, my only hope is in a
> patch for ORBit2, or a workarund. Can somebody help me (I have test
> applications and time but no knowledge of ORBit internals)?

	Unfortunately, I can't be a lot of help *right* now, but to
aid debugging this have a look in ORBit2/doc/(something)/FAQ at the
part about debugging flags. So if you set ORBIT2_DEBUG=giop or
ORBIT2_DEBUG=traces you'll get to see what data is being transmitted.
If you could take the hex output from the GIOP debugging and decode it
by hand (or with whatever tools are available out there) you might see
where the problem is. Failing that just send on the GIOP debugging
output, idl + code etc. and we'll have a look and see where the
problem is ...

Cheers,
Mark.