re: ORBit 0.5.8 Cross-Compile problems...

When I cross compiled ORBit1 (now ORBit2) to LynxOS/PowerPC it was very
usefull to see how the PPC side configured things.  I did have the thought
that it would be very usefull to have the configure tools recognize that
you are doing a cross compile say to PPC and have it set up default "sizes"
etc based on known PPC settings.   But, I haven't had time to work on doing
anything like that.  Right now the "-target" definitions don't seem to do a
very good job setting things up.

i.e.   configure  --target=ppc-*-*
                                              ^^^^^^--- Standard triplet
machine definition.

Anyone else have some thoughts on how to make the cross-compile less
painfull?

-Dave

Michael Meeks <michael@ximian.com> on 04/01/2002 09:21:43 AM