Re: excessive dependency: libIDL calling gcc!

On Tue, 15 May 2001, David Starks-Browning wrote:

> At the risk of offending with a "me too" response...
>
> We had to jump through a couple of hoops because of this problem.  We
> would love to get rid of this runtime dependence on gcc in the perl
> and python bindings.
>
> (Our scenario is the use of CORBA::ORBit in a cgi-bin script, where
> the http server's $PATH is beyond our control, and does not contain
> gcc.)

sub BEGIN { $ENV{'PATH'} .= ':/the/bindir/to/gcc'; }

Anyways, given that the whole cpp syntax is pretty important to IDL and a
lot of .idl files, I think libIDL is going to depend on some sort of cpp
for a very long time. If anyone has patches to make it depend more cpp's
from other compilers, that would be great.

-- Elliot
A fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place.
	(WC Fields)