Re: Initialising the ORB to work in another way

ALMIS Informatica Financiera S.L. wrote:

Hello:
Iīm David Iglesias, itīs a pity but my english is not the best.
Iīm working with ORBit, but in itīs default form, this means that I work
with the ORB as it came.

     -   Normally the client send the request and waits until the server
replyes.

But now Iīm trying to work in another way.

     -   Client send  itīs request and it does not wait till the
servants reply.

My problem is that I donīt know how to initialize the ORB to work like
that.
You can't use static stubs with CORBA 2.2 ORBs if you want them to work

in a non-blocking mode. You will have to use the Dynamic Invokation

Interface (DII) to create your request for CORBA object, send it and
poll for reply with flag CORBA_RESP_NO_WAIT set. I suggest you look at:
Object Management Group, The Common Object Request Broker: Architecture
and Specification - Revision 2.2 (which can be found at
ftp://ftp.omg.org/pub/docs/formal/98-07-01.ps). Unfortunately using DII results in a bunch of ugly and complicated code :(

regards,
	jaKa

--

email: jaka gnu org