Re: Initialising the ORB to work in another way

On 14 May 2001 17:11:21 +0200, ALMIS Informatica Financiera S.L. wrote:
> Hello:
> I´m David Iglesias, it´s a pity but my english is not the best.
> I´m working with ORBit, but in it´s default form, this means that I work
> with the ORB as it came.
>
>      -   Normally the client send the request and waits until the server
> replyes.
>
> But now I´m trying to work in another way.
>
>      -   Client send  it´s request and it does not wait till the
> servants reply.

I didn't understand that when you asked in the other list. If that's
what you want, maybe you'd want to use oneway methods, which do exactly
what you want. That is, in your IDL:

interface MyInterface {
    oneway void doSomething ();
};

If I'm not wrong, this is supported in ORBit.

cheers

--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/