Re: Bootstrapping question

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Michael Meeks wrote:

> >       Since I don't know the IOR_of_naming_service I can't use:
> > yourclientapp -ORBInitRef NameService=IOR_of_naming_service
> >       Neither do I know how to use the corbaloc nor the corbakey. In
> > my case, which is the easiest way to bootstrap?
>
>         In the only case where I had to bootstrap I popped the IOR into a
> file which was exposed by an httpd server to be a certain URL, so I could
> point the other end at a nice clean URL instead of some horrendous IOR.

Note that ORBit2 at least theoretically has support for retrieving an IOR
from an http url to achieve this functionality very easily...

-- Elliot
If a single monkey presses random keys on a single typewriter for a single
second, it will discover that it needs to be subscribed to gnome-gui-list
to post.