Re: Bootstrapping question

Hi there,

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, NACARINO ALCORTA Luis Inigo wrote:
>       I have got two machines running ORBit 0.5.7 in two different
> cities. My client and server work fine in LAN (is easy to get the ior
> file that the server creates), but now, i don't know how to pass it
> from a server to a client which are some hundred miles away each one.
> I want do do it in an automatic way, not using e-mail nor message in a
> bottle ;-).

        :-)

>       Since I don't know the IOR_of_naming_service I can't use:
> yourclientapp -ORBInitRef NameService=IOR_of_naming_service
>       Neither do I know how to use the corbaloc nor the corbakey. In
> my case, which is the easiest way to bootstrap?

        In the only case where I had to bootstrap I popped the IOR into a
file which was exposed by an httpd server to be a certain URL, so I could
point the other end at a nice clean URL instead of some horrendous IOR.

        Of course, other people use NFS to exchange the IOR in a file, and
as you say - message in a bottle is most tempting.