Re: ORBit2 and const char *

Hi David,

> Please look at both of the following documents and see if there are any
> other issues that need to be addressed.
>
> C  RTF final report...
> http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ptc/2000-06-01

        I read it through. AFAIR Elliot once told me or there was a rumour
that CORBA_exception_init (CORBA_Environment *ev) was not specified by the
omg spec - indeed, I don't notice it in my glance through a rather old
version. This method is somewhat important for any binding IMHO.

        Similarly, the const char *, thing would be extremely useful to
have in the spec, and IMHO gives very valuable protection.

> If this is a change that you want....   Propose it to the OMG.

        How would one go formaly doing such things, or is the above
sufficient ? also - any tips on where in the world to travel to make the
omg website usably fast ? :-)

> However, later a C Mapping RFP was issued.  I've talked some with
> Michi Henning about the C mapping, and both of us would support some
> proposal from the ORBit group for changes.  This issue with "const
> char *" sounds like something that should be in the updated mapping.

        This is great news.