Re: IIOP question

> Hello everybody, I have two questions...
> - I apologize if this may seem obvious but, is it possible to run Orbit
> applications over UDP

no ...

> (just to do some performance testing), or is IIOP
> TCP specific?

yes ...

> What should I do to get this?

You'll have to roll your own protocol, GIOP (of which IIOP is the TCP
'incarnation') assumes a reliable end-to-endpoint connection. Building this
yourself on top if UDP is which is prolly not worth the trouble.

> What should I modify in the
> Orbit source files?

> - Where can I get Orbit to install it in a Solaris Sparc machine?

I haven't tested it recently, but a clean compile (possibly with gcc) of
ORBit on Sparc should work fine. Cheers,

                                                                      Philip
--
Why don't Alice and Bob simply get married?
Philip Lijnzaad, lijnzaad ebi ac uk \ European Bioinformatics Institute,rm A2-08