How to get ip address from ior

Dear friends,
       I am trying a program which access server
object at remote through an ior.Can i connect my
client program to server program through ior only.Is
there any need to know the ip address and port number
of machine on which server is running ?
      I have already tried this same combination on my
machine .I have created dummy server object and got
its ior and connect that ior in my client program. i
have used visibroker 3.1 for java and jdk1.1.5 for
running my program.This program works well but when i
try to access remote object server through ior it
gives java.net.ConnectException .
Please guide me how can i connect server at remote
I know only its IOR.Is there any method to get IP
address from a IOR?