Re: ORBit EventChannel status?

Hi Bill,

> I understand that there was some work in the past 6 months or so on
> implementing CORBA event support in ORBit (at least push model).
>
> Can someone tell me the status of that work and point me to a working
> implementation (preferably with a small bit of sample code)?   I'd
> also like to know whether typed events are/will soon be
> supported (I could get by with untyped events, I suppose).

I started the event server some 2 years ago. But I soon realised, that doing
it right would be quite hard. That was one of the reasons I started writing
ORBit-mt. Since then, however, I relalized, that probably a solution with
DII/DSI would be more portable and more efficient. Unfortunately I have no
time to write it now.

The ruins of an event server in ORBit really should be washed away from the
surface of the earth.....

Bye,
Sebastian
--