ORBit EventChannel status?

Hi:

I understand that there was some work in the past 6 months or so on
implementing CORBA event support in ORBit (at least push model).

Can someone tell me the status of that work and point me to a working
implementation (preferably with a small bit of sample code)?   I'd
also like to know whether typed events are/will soon be
supported (I could get by with untyped events, I suppose).

The context of this query: we are implementing an out-of-process
service provider for accessibility support for Gnome 2.0, and hope to
use CORBA as the IPC implementation.

Thanks for your patience, I am new to the CORBA event model and need
all the help I can get!

Regards,

-Bill

--