Re: ORBit-0.5.7 bug: non-root process can't talk to root process!

Hi Elliot,

> > Indeed, the problem ist that the return value of giop_send_buffer_write is
> > ignored and the subsequent read from the connection simply hangs. That could
> > be changed by the attached patch. As I see no reason to not apply this
> > change (There doesn't seem to be a problem for also including it for
> > BACKWARDS_COMPAT_0_4) I will commit it unless there are objections.
>
> There is a problem - older versions of the giop_send_buffer_write()
> version return 'void', so these stubs will break with older ORBit
> library versions. Compat compat compat...

Yeah, the last version of ORBit, that had a void giop_send_buffer_write is
0.4.3 from April 1999. I don't think anyone still uses such an old version and
if he does, he is on his own. But ok, I won't check it in. Your choice.

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi