Re: browsing the NamingService

Hi,

> I am writing a program that will browse the
> NamingService.  I currently have it printing out all
> the first level names.  I am using
> CosNaming_NamingContext_list() and
> CosNaming_BindingIterator_next_n() functions to do
> this.  I thought that when I found a context that I
> should bind to it and try to list it.  Is this
> correct?
> Therefore, I would do this:
> CosNaming_NamingContext_bind_context(
> Current_Naming_Context_That_I_m_Listing,
> Name_Of_The_Context_I_Just_Found,
> Naming_Context_I_Just_Found,
> ev)
> but when I do this it core dumps.  I ran it through
> gdb and this is what it said:
> SIGSEGV in g_slist_length() from
> /usr/lib/libglib-1.2.so.0
> any suggestions?  Does anyone have any experence with
> these functions?

I have no idea, where this specific problem comes from, but I would sugest to
look at ORBit/src/services/name/name-client.c, which should give you an idea
of what you have to do. There it works. If that doesn't help either you at
least have to provide a compilable example of you program. The above error
could mean everything.

Bye,
Sebastian.
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi ira uka de           |     är himmlen så förunderligt blå