Re: Good books on CORBA?

Hi Henri,

> Having just started learning CORBA, I'm craving for some structured
> explanation on the matter. Most of the papers I find from the web are
> focused on some narrow aspect of CORBA, or are too shallow.
>
> So what books on the subject would you recommend? A quick peek at Amazon
> found me the Advanced CORBA Programming with C++ by Michi Henning and
> Steve Vinoski, but is it geared too much towards C++ to be of use with
> ORBit?

I can really recommend that book even for C programmers. Sure, you can't use
the C++ specific parts too much, so firing up a CORBA-server in C is best done
by looking at the ORBit examples, but beyond that I found it really useful and
many of the code-examples are easily translated to C.

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi ira uka de           |     är himmlen så förunderligt blå