browsing the NamingService

I am writing a program that will browse the
NamingService.  I currently have it printing out all
the first level names.  I am using
CosNaming_NamingContext_list() and
CosNaming_BindingIterator_next_n() functions to do
this.  I thought that when I found a context that I
should bind to it and try to list it.  Is this
correct?
Therefore, I would do this:
CosNaming_NamingContext_bind_context(
Current_Naming_Context_That_I_m_Listing,
Name_Of_The_Context_I_Just_Found,
Naming_Context_I_Just_Found,
ev)
but when I do this it core dumps.  I ran it through
gdb and this is what it said:
SIGSEGV in g_slist_length() from
/usr/lib/libglib-1.2.so.0
any suggestions?  Does anyone have any experence with
these functions?  Is there any good documentation on
NamingSerivce anywhere (besides the OMG)?

Thanks