Re: ORBit Windows Port Q

"Ahn,Kyu-Tae" wrote:

> You may build Orbit library with mingw newly.

That's what I did...

> Because, So many internet program uses Sock2, not use Sock1.
> Sock2 has more stable than sock1 I think.
> Change to Sock1 and try it. I think no difference will occur.

I did this too, and I didn't notice any difference...

> Frankly speaking, I have no idea above sentences.
> But, winsock spec document www.sockets.com/winsock.htm is so old
> document I think.

But nevertheless it should apply. Furthermore, I've done
a web search and all example code uses the proposed
method. And it results in working and debuggable executables.

> Ok. I'll examine it. but you will change the options on command
> line not using RCfile.
> and Windows have not HOME DIR, just have Profile Dir, which is
> exists Subdirectory of Windows Dir.

Yes, but it would be more "windows like" to read options
from the registry instead of an RC file. I've added this to
my code...

There's another problem. I'm using ORBit for local IPC.
As it seems, winsock's getXbyY database calls hang for a very
looooong time (I didn't have the patience to wait for
them to fail) when DNS is not or mis-configured. To work
around this, I implemented the -ORBBindAddr option,
and special cased 127.0.0.1 to not make any database calls
and just use the string "127.0.0.1" as hostname. This is
fairly unobtrusive and works well...

Tom