Re: Would Like to Contribute - Remote Desktop / Assistance

Hi Naveen,

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 20:10 +0530, Naveen Chandran wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have checked out and built the online desktop from sources. I am
> interested in contributing. One of the feature that can be integrated
> is Remote Desktop / Remote Assistance by using VNC.

I agree, this is an example of where an online.gnome.org service could
help significantly.

>  Port forwarding has to done before we can establish a connection
> successfully, and there are also many techniques to establish
> connection by tunnelling through ssh (which also provides encryption)
> or through ssl. I think it would be a good idea to provide a front end
> for it.

Yep.  We just need to figure out the details for what's required and run
it on the server.  Is there a prebuilt server software for this we could
use?