Re: Starting to contribute.

Thank you for your response Colin.

Is your position on this likely to change? If not then perhaps your
plans for online desktop need to remove the Tomboy case study (Sprints
page of live.gnome.org) as it gives the wrong impression about the
scope of online desktop...

> Concretely, what I would do with that kind of thing right now is to
> investigate third party services.  rememberthemilk.com is one I've seen
> before on Planet GNOME, and in fact it looks like they have some GNOME
> integration:
> http://blog.rememberthemilk.com/2007/12/remember-milk-for-deskbar-applet.html

I'm already investigation adding a RTM end point to Conduit.

> You might also take a look at the "rsync-like" approach to note sync
> that Tomboy people were working on, which isn't the same as the web
> storage approach (e.g. you can't go to some random internet cafe with
> Windows and read your notes).

Conduit can already sync tomboy notes to sites like Backpackit.com,
any file system that GnomeVFS understands, my iPod, and other tomboy
instances in my LAN that have conduit set to share their datastore..
That will include the maemo port of tomboy (which im not sure of the
current state of).. Oh and to Evolution Memos.

Or to put it another way - we already speak to most of the interesting
parts of the desktop and to lots of cool webservices. We thought
online desktop was a natural extension of that kind of work but have
clearly missed its scope by quite a wide margin... So right now i'm
not sure exactly what I could sync to online desktop, and why thats
any better than syncing to any other webservice. What i had found
especially exciting was the potential for online desktop to push data
to computers/devices...  No one else really does that..

John