Re: How to logout an Online Desktop session

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 10:18 +0200, Manuel Rego Casasnovas wrote:

> I don't know what is the problem. I've tried to find how Big Board knows
> when I'm logged (when I have an Online Desktop session started), but I
> don't know where Big Board checks it.

Basically, the signed in state depends on a browser cookie, which is set
when you log in via the website, and deleted when you log out.  The
desktop-data-engine scans for that cookie to initially sign in to the
server.  However, it doesn't notice when it goes away after you've
logged out of the website.

> Could you tell me where (in source code) this checking is doing?
> For example, how can an application know if an Online Desktop session
> is started or no?

Yep, you can connect to the data model and wait for the ready signal.
See the file "online-desktop/pyddm/test-session.py" for an example in
Python.  For C there is "desktop-data-model/ddm/test-ddm.c".