Re: jhbuild

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Colin Walters <walters redhat com> wrote:
> Hey Marco,
>

>  On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 15:27 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>  > Is jhbuild the favorite way of setting up a development environment?
>
>  I think basically the answer is yes - we have a number of modules and we
>  want to target integration with the latest GNOME development, and
>  jhbuild is the best way to do that.

OK, I will try harder to get it working then, and send patches for the
issues I run into.

Any reason we haven't switched to the 2.24 GNOME module set yet?

>  The problem is that the "buildabilty" tends to be poor if most
>  developers aren't using jhbuild.  So one goal is to try to get more
>  GNOME developers to use it.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg issue probably. Not many developers
uses jhbuild because of the poor buildability...
It seem like a working tinderbox (build.gnome.org is apparently stuck
on some old version) and some kind of system dependency detection
could help a lot.

Marco