Re: Jhbuild and Debian Lenny

Yeah, it is complex; one thing that would help is if you record any
manual steps you took in the wiki.  For Fedora I had to add a bunch of
random libraries:

http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildDependencies/FedoraCore

There's a Debian page here:

http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildDependencies/Debian

I plan to update the wiki - have been keeping a track of a few things in tomboy. Mostly the ubuntu page was great - it has all but about 3 of the packages i needed.

> Right now I can't get mugshot or gnome-vfs to compile.
>
> Gnome-vfs wouldn't compile at first because of warnings about inline
> functions that were treated at errors. I tweaked the module set to
> --disable-more-warnings...

Probably a gnome-vfs bug then; you may want to report it.

I was a bit surprised no one else had had problems, and it only seemed to impact lenny (gutsy got straight past gnome-vfs).  Making me wonder if it was my fault.

> Only now Jhbuild is trying to install a compiled library to /usr/lib
> instead of /home/john/Projects/blah...

When you do this I would be careful to ensure you're still passing the
right --prefix etc. options; I'd use the jhbuild autogenargs bits in
~/.jhbuildrc.

I'll give that ago  - though i tried setting the prefix in the moduleset (evilness) and by configuring in manually ([4] to shell option) and neither helped.