Re: [gnome-love] I want to contribute to GNOME projects

On Sun, 2014-02-16 at 00:39 +0200, Bogdan Petcu wrote:
[...]
I'm Bogdan Petcu, I'm currently studying Computer Science (I'm in my 2nd
year), and I would like to contribute to GNOME projects in GSoC 2014. Is
there any list of possible projects available yet? In the last few days I
tried to get familiar with jhbuild and work on some "Gnome-Love" bugs, and
now I would like choose a project that will be in GSoC this year and try to
get familiar with it, document about it, and why not, try working on it.

Hi Bogdan,

You can get an idea by looking at the ideas published in
https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreach/SummerOfCode/2014/Ideas

There are different strategies to choose a project to work on. If you
are already using GNOME, then a good candidate is an application that
you use a lot and it is in the list I linked above.

If you are just getting familiar with GNOME, then you can look for
applications that are close to what to work on a daily basis, and start
using them intensively, check the ideas page, check the bug reports,
etc.

Regards,

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño