Re: [gnome-love] Project management software for Gnome projects

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 1:27 PM, אנטולי קרסנר <tombackton gmail com> wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

I will continue writing code and developing the project. And when I'm
done, nobody will need any of those non-free project/task/todo
management tools.

I'm writing it in C++ using gtkmm for GUI.

Ah okay.  Nice.

Currently its functionality is more or less what GTG offers, but with
the advantage of fast graph algorithms (because I write in C++ compared
to Python) and very high level of modularity and maintainability (all
components are built on top of each other, so each one is a separate
useful piece of code).

Have you considered approaching the GNOME design folks?  They can help you with giving a nice beautiful GUI.  Of course you can do what you want, but it's worth having a discussion with them.

I want to add Semantic Desktop support, but I'm not sure Gnome already
has a plan for a desktop-wide semantic database and
communication/integration. Many separate tools and projects exist, but
there's a lot of work to do. Maybe I should help there...

I don't know either.  It might be a nice capability.  I would like to see more tools for engineering managers to manage information.  For instance, I would like to label emails a correlate them with a project or a set of notes.  It's something like beagle but more focused on labels rather than a search item.  I think it can be done with tracker and extended filesystem attributes.  It's an interesting challenge I think.  But if successful would be enormously popular.

sri

Thanks again :)

- Anatoly