Re: [gnome-love] Does gnome hate me and want me to go away?

> This seems to me like pretty good evidence that the maintainers of
> "gnome-utils" haven't got the time required to look after the package
> properly. I'm sure they don't mean to be so rude to the people who spent
> their time fixing bugs but ultimately intentions alone don't get things
> done.

no, you're wrong: I'm being rude to you.

whom I've never heard of.

Hello Emmanuele!
I hope this mail finds you well.

This is exactly why I sent this mail to gnome-love, which I thought was the list for people who aren't really sure what's going on to ask the questions that might even be stupid, ignorant, ill-informed or unwittingly unreasonable. Yep that fits the bill for me.
And now I'm feeling just a bit unloved and disinclined to fix future bugs for you, whom I don't know either. I figured if there's a better way to fix bugs than patches on bugzilla, that list would let me know, maybe they'd even be kind about it too. If the automated emails to maintainers that patches have been created and are there, ready for review don't work, maybe someone on the gnome-love list might like to give that some thought. And maybe not, either way they'll know what they want to do. If it's normal and usual to completely ignore some number of hours of volunteers' work for more than 2 years this isn't so encouraging for unknown, ignoramuses such as myself to spend more time on it, I am just a little bit surprised by it if that's the case, but who am I to say?
Anyway I hope that explains things for you as you seem upset which I'm sure is never meant to be the intention of mail sent to gnome-love and neither was it mine. I'm also sure neither of us want have some kind of flamewar on the gnome-love list so I'll just quietly slip away if that's ok with you, from here it feels like this is what you'd prefer.

Or, if I read this all wrong, would you like me (who is unknown to you) to review (possibly very badly) all the patches for gnome-screenshot in bugzilla, sending reviews to the gnome-utils list, getting things wrong but generally, hopefully, with a little assistance, making some progress?

Either way, all the best with all of gnome-utils!

Hal