[gnome-love] Seeking man page and GDM help

Here at Sun we build our man pages from SGML, and we have invested a lot of
time putting together SGML versions of the various GNOME man pages.  Because
it is a Sun ARC (Architecture Review Council) requirement to have man pages
for all programs installed to /bin or /sbin, we have spent a lot of time
updating the community man pages so that they are more complete and accurate
and also supply man pages for quite a few programs that aren't documented
by the community.

Most of the community man pages are in NROFF format.  The SGML can be
converted to NROFF, but it might be nice if the community moved towards
XML Docbook.  One advantage of doing this is that it would be easier to
include copies of the man pages in the User manual that gets displayed
in yelp.

To date, Sun's improved man pages have not made it back into GNOME
community CVS because these issues have seemed to big to resolve and
there are not enough SGML/manpage experts at Sun who can dedicate their
time to this project.  I'm wondering if there might be some people
out there comfortable with this sort of work who would be willing to
work with me to help get these man pages into the community CVS.

Secondly, there is a real need to cleanup the user interface in GDM.
If there are any developers who have GUI experience who would be
interested in improving the usability of GDM, then I could use some
help.

Brian