Re: [gnome-love] newbie looking to get involved

You can check this out to build from CVS: http://www.gnome.org/~newren/tutorials/developing-with-gnome/html/ch04.html

You'll find information for your distro here: http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildDependencies

and common errors are listed here: http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildIssues

For more information on how to start, just check out the GnomeLove page:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove

Good luck ;-)

Arjen Stolk a écrit :
On 12/25/05, Nickolay V. Shmyrev <nshmyrev yandex ru> wrote:
*snip

Well, this is very interesting and opportune project - getting rid of
esd. It should be relatively easy do do this. I've added some comments
on http://live.gnome.org/GStreamer_2fesd about usage of
notification-daemon to play sounds

Sounds like an interesting project. Let me just check that I
understand it correctly.
libgnome is still using the old esound library for some sound related
tasks. The proposed change is to make it use GStreamer instead (like
the rest of gnome.) One problem is that esound offers a caching
facility that GStreamer at present does not provide, for which a
replacement will have to be provided.

But this is very major task, it's better to discuss it on desktop-devel first.

Indeed. However, before we move this party to the desktop-devel list,
I still need to get my system into a state where I can actually work
on this. I suspect I'll have to get the CVS sources and work from
those. Of course, for testing purposes, it is highly desirable I can
actually build the code I'm working on. Am I correct in concluding
that I'll need to get and build the CVS sources? Also, are there any
known issues in doing this?