[gnome-love] New boy

Hello

I have started to use gnome quite recently, I am hoping to use it in the development of a product.  I would greatly enjoy the opportunity to be of assistance in any way.

I have been working at providing production systems.  This involves GUI development, usually as a front end for networking applications.  Also, realtime data gathering and production scheduling algorithms.  I work best in C++, although I can use C almost as well.  I have a little JAVA experience and can do (not too complicated) database development.

I am very interested in other languages, such as Python, and using distributed systems such as CORBA.  I do not have a lot of prior experience in those areas but I'm a fairly quick learner.

I see any GNOME development I can do as a way to enhance my programming skills, and help open source development which will provide reliable, low-cost and easily accessible software in the future.

Being brand new to gnome development, I would appreciate any advice on how to get started.

Best Regards,

Jim Foster