Re: Mac andom does not work with wl driver

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 01:32:59AM +0100, Bhasker C V via networkmanager-list wrote:
Hi,

 My wifi works (thanks for bwtnguy who pointed me to the issue)
However when I turn on
wifi.cloned-mac-address=stable
The NM does not connect to wifi anymore.

My driver is wl. I use it with  BCM4331 chip wifi card.
debian bullseye (NetworkManager==1.30.0 wpa_supplicant==v2.9)
Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for this ?

Hi,

this is a known issue, the Broadcom wl driver doesn't work well if the
MAC is changed. Unfortunately the driver is closed and so only
Broadcom can fix this problem.

According to this [1] the 'b43' open source driver supports
BCM4331. You could try if it works better.

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/bcm43xx

Beniamino