Re: org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Settings.PropertiesChanged deprecated

On 14.07.2021 14:32, mh mike franken de wrote:
Hi,

thx for your answer.

On Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2021 13:19:44 CEST Thomas Haller wrote:
[...]
I use the perl module Net::DBus for this job.
The following snippet shows how far I got up to date:

  my $busobjpath = "/org/freedesktop/DBus/Properties";

Such an object path does not exist on NetworkManager's D-Bus API.

Object paths start with "/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager".

See all object with `d-feet` or `busctl tree
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager`.

so how can I use org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.PropertiesChanged then?
What would be the correct way instead?
Using
  my $busobjpath = "/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Settings";
as before?

You need to use the object whose properties you want to monitor.

This doesn't work either, though.

Probably there is a fundamental misunderstanding regaring the concept on my
side.

You have object which has properties. When properties change, you get
signal *from this object*. If you want to monitor for connectivity
changes, you need to monitor active connection.

The examples/python/dbus/create-bond.py in NM source tree does precisely
that - it monitors for connectivity changes on current connection.

If you want to monitor overall connectivity, you need to monitor main
/o/f/NM object.