Device unavailable

Hi list !

We are producing iMX6 based products. We flash the exact same image to all of them. The image contains Wi-Fi setting for a first connexion. Sometimes (say one of ten), the device is not connecting.

On those devices, we see that the wlan0 is "unavailable".

$ nmcli dev
wlan0            wifi      unavailable  --
lo               loopback  unmanaged    --

$ nmcli device show wlan0
GENERAL.PÉRIPHÉRIQUE:                   wlan0
GENERAL.TYPE:                           wifi
GENERAL.ADR.-MAT.:                      9A:DD:10:B2:43:FD
GENERAL.MTU:                            1500
GENERAL.ÉTAT:                           20 (indisponible)
GENERAL.CONNEXION:                      --
GENERAL.CON-PATH:                       --

Restarting NetworkManager is enough for recovering a functional Wi-Fi, meaning that everything around seems ok (wlan kernel module correctly probed, configuration files are ok...)

1°) Any idea on what could happen here ?
2°) Is restarting NetworkManager the only way to modify the interface status ? I am planning to write a small script at boot-up which would detect this situation and then run the appropriate command

Thank you very much,

gUI

--
Guillaume BETOUS