Re: manage bluetooth devices using NetworkManger

Hi Team,
    We are using Redpine module (rsi9113) which support bluetooth + wifi .
    OS - yocto based linux.
    NetworkManager version :- 1.10.6

   1) for WIFI we are able to manage using nmcli commands .
       -> nmcli device
       DEVICE TYPE STATE CONNECTION
wlp0s21f0u4 wifi connected test

2) for bluetooth can we except like these ( bluetooth interface (eg. bnp0)) using nmcli commands .
My networkmanager_1.10.6.bbappend file :-
PACKAGECONFIG_append = " modemmanager"
      PACKAGECONFIG_append = " ppp ifupdown wifi bluez5"
I added bluez5 in .bbappend file , i thought it will manage through these , but not happening ,
i think by default bluez5 is dealing with connman , how we can switch bluez5 with networkmanager .
3) using nmcli commands will show bluetooth device is connected or not ?

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 12:26 PM Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com> wrote:
On Mon, 2020-10-05 at 12:22 +0530, NIKHIL PATIL via networkmanager-list
wrote:
> hi ,
>   any update on these ?
>    we badly stuck here.
>
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 11:21 AM NIKHIL PATIL <nikhilvp29 gmail com>
> wrote:
> > Hi ,
> >           We are using Redpine rsi9113 bluetooth module connected
> > via USB to Soc board.
> >       processor - intel 3930 .
> >       platform - yocto based linux .
> >  How we can manage bluetooth device using NetworkManager (nmcli)
> > commands.

Hi,

recent NetworkManager version interact (only) with bluez5.

As always in NetworkManager, create a suitable connection profile and
activate it. Actually, NetworkManager will automatically generate a
profile for all paired devices, so you should see the respective
profiles.

And, read the logfile if something doesn't work (enable level=TRACE
logging. See
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/contrib/fedora/rpm/NetworkManager.conf#n28
 ).

Also, your question on this list is lacking detail. Explain what you
are doing, what *exactly* you want to achieve, and what you think is
happening.

best,
Thomas