Re: How to import .ovpn file

On Sun, 2020-02-23 at 18:14 -0600, Greg Oliver via networkmanager-list
wrote:
While the gui has the import option, I find it has always told me
"unknown option" on every profile I have ever tried to import.  That
said, nmcli always imports them just fine.

nmcli connection import type openvpn file openvpnProfile.ovpn

hi,

which GUI? nm-connection-editor and gnome-control-center use the same
import code as nmcli (by loading the library specified in
"/usr/lib/NetworkManager/VPN/nm-openvpn-service.name").

But yes, nmcli's import should do pretty much the same as nm-c-e/g-c-c.

plasma-nm implements the import differently. So, maybe that's the
difference.

best,
Thomas