Re: IP interface name of PPP connection

On Mon, 2019-07-29 at 22:36 +0200, Joachim Selke wrote:
On Mon, 2019-07-29 at 21:59 +0200, Thomas Haller wrote:
This shows fields of the connection-profile... There is a
difference
between the profile and the actual device.

Does `nmcli -f all device show $IFACE` help?

Hi,

Thanks! I was expecting to find the IP interface information at
connection level (together with IP addresses, routes, ..., which are
also listed there). But obviously my expectation was wrong.

Ah, right. `nmcli connection show $PROFILE` also lists parameters of
the device (active-connection). The upper-case fields...

While I find that confusing, they probably should show similar
properties as the output of `nmcli device show $IFACE`.

This is probably a bug, or at least a missing feature.

The following works (basic version without error handling in case
<MYCONN> isn't connected):

IFACE=$(nmcli -g GENERAL.DEVICES con show <MYCONN>)
IP_IFACE=$(nmcli -g GENERAL.IP-IFACE dev show "$IFACE")
echo $IP_IFACE

cool,

best,
Thomas