Re: IP interface name of PPP connection

On Mon, 2019-07-29 at 21:27 +0200, Joachim Selke wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have set up a PPP connection and would like to retrieve the name
of
its IP interface (typically it is ppp0, but not always).

I have been able to get the name of the IP interface in dispatcher
scripts using the variable DEVICE_IP_IFACE. However, I did not find
way to do this using nmcli ("nmcli -g <FIELD> con show <CONN>").

Hi,

This shows fields of the connection-profile... There is a difference
between the profile and the actual device.

Does `nmcli -f all device show $IFACE` help?

best,
Thomas