Re: Network connection local to devices.

Thank you very much for your answer! Indeed, just erasing what’s in “Device” (under “Ethernet” as you said, but only for wired connections: for wifi (what’s most likely to change and require auth info), it’s “Wifi”) works.

On 2019-01-22 at 20:27, Thomas Haller wrote:

Why does that work that way by default in GUI? or did I do something wrong at some point maybe?

I think it makes sense to restrict a profile by default to one device. Ultimately, that is decided by the client tool (like nm-applet) that creates the profile profile in such a way. It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. If the setting is not best for your case, modify the profile as it suits you.

Then, I’d like to know if there’s a way to make that “device” section unimportant for every wifi profile, or otherwise, how to erase it for all of them, or otherwise, in which file is this written so I write a script to do it.

Also why is this the default for nm-applet (are there other widely used clients? isn’t this mailing-list the appropriate place for asking about it? or is there some other development team and mailing-list?)? isn’t there a way to change that? So I don’t forget all the connection I happen to find around each time I change computer…