Re: Reciving multiple RAs causes NetworkManager to storm the network with RSes

On Thu, 2019-02-14 at 15:16 +0100, Thomas Haller via networkmanager-
list wrote:

Hi,

Hi.

From the logs it looks like to me the IPv6 address of the sender is
indeed the instance managed by NetworkManager.

Oh yes, I am sure it's the NM machine that is sending the RSes.

Is the issue hard to reproduce?

Not hard to reproduce but I don't have a "lab" to reproduce it in and
so have to do it on my production network and doing so brings the
router/switch that everything is connected to to it's knees so it's
pretty catastrophic to reproduce.

I'm also concerned with the disk load that disabling the rate limiting
of journald is going to cause on the NM machine given that it's
suppressing thousands of messages at a time.

But I will give it another go.

Just so that I only have to do this once and as briefly as possible,
what level of debugging do I need to set to get the messages logged by:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/src/ndisc/nm-ndisc.c?id=2c881b8064e1cb5b227e5a3c61abfe95c6ddd05a#n711

Your efforts are appreciated!! :)

Happy to help as much as I can.  :-)

Cheers,