Re: Wifi channel width availability

On Wed, 2018-05-23 at 13:58 +0000, Harry Mallon wrote:
Hello again,

I have determined that NL80211_BSS_CHAN_WIDTH, although it seemed we
were using it, is actually not all that helpful and returns 0s for
everything I can see locally. I will remove its use from our program.
No need for it in libnm.

Hi,

As a follow-up:

in libnm the properties that are currently exposed for the access
pointer are essentially [1] and [2].

[1]
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/introspection/org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.AccessPoint.xml?id=0aff056a63af57441764f61b8bd2704590ca052d
[2]
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/src/devices/wifi/nm-wifi-ap.c?id=0aff056a63af57441764f61b8bd2704590ca052d#n1349

If there is a good case for it, it would be interesting to improve on
it. Patches welcome :)

best,
Thomas

Thanks,
Harry

Hi,

I am trying to replace a lot of code with use of libnm. Something
that we were using was Access Point channel width
(NL80211_BSS_CHAN_WIDTH). Is there any way in libnm to retrieve
this?

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Mallon
CODEX | Senior Software Engineer
60 Poland Street | London | England | W1F 7NT
E harry.mallon@codex.online | T +44 203 7000 989