Re: Internal dhcp unable to acquire IP from certain routers, breaking network connection for many users

Apologies. The default is dhclient, apparently.

Any help diagnosing this would be good, though.

-----Original Message-----
From: "dpreed deepplum com" <dpreed deepplum com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 4:28pm
To: "Mleman" <mleman1217 posteo org>
Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Internal dhcp unable to acquire IP from certain routers, breaking network connection for many users

I am having a similar problem with NM's internal dhcp client on Fedora 27. I don't have the problem on various Macbook Pros or other servers. The Fedora client is a desktop machine that implements a bridged config - br0 is the interface, eth0 is the slave - I don't know if that matters, but NM handles the bridge just fine.

Some other specifics are: My home router is a small Linux server running Fedora Server, does DHCP service via dnsmasq, configured as the authoritative DHCP server. Every once in a while, NM on the client fails to renew an expired lease, so that NM ends up taking the connection down. 'nmcli con up br0' gets the lease again, just fine. Something seems to affect the renewal, sometimes.

I will do a TRACE log, and when the problem happens again, I will share the info.

Anything else I should look at to diagnose this?

David