Setting autoconnect vs. device autoconnect.

Hi all,

how do the connection setting autoconnect and device setting autoconnect work? If the first is TRUE, will the connection be activated with any available/compatible device? If only the second is TRUE, which effect will this have?

I am managing two devices with NM, a gsm modem and a wired connection. I want NM to automatically connect to the preferred connection (according to the priority of each connection) only when I manually decide that the connection is needed. What is the best way to do this? Should I only use setting autoconnect or rather device autoconnect?

Moreover, I cannot see the device autoconnect configuration with `nmcli device show <iface>`. Is there a way to see it?

Thanks,
Ana