Re: Wireguard Plugin for NM

Hey Thomas,

I added a link to https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/NetworkManager/VPN
Pretty damn cool, thanks!

I still think, it would be great to have wireguard support in
NetworkManager not via a VPN plugin. But that is for another day.
Yeah, maybe we're not so far away from that point (excerpt from the wireguard mailing list):

This is wonderful news. I'm happy to work with you to make sure this
comes out perfectly, and maybe when it's finished we can submit it
upstream to NetworkManager, similar to how systemd-networkd now has
WireGuard support built-in.
last time i looked, network-manager included a local copy of a big chunk
of systemd code.  so it's possible that a newer version of
network-manager will already have the systemd-networkd code available to
it, and you just need to hook into it correctly from the nm internals.

        --dkg

Best regards,

Max