Re: Wireguard Plugin for NM

On Tue, 2018-02-13 at 13:20 +0100, Maximilian Moser wrote:
Good day, ladies and gentlemen!

It has been a while, but recently I have finally found time to work
on
the VPN Plugin for Wireguard for my Bachelor's thesis.
The project is based on the OpenVPN plugin (which means it's more or
less pure C) and can now be found on github:
https://github.com/max-moser/network-manager-wireguard

At this point, I'd like to thank Manuel Schölling and Thomas Haller
for
indirectly providing me with hints regarding the completion of
connection set-up (SetConfig(), anyone?) through their mail exchange!

Hi Maximilian,

cool, thanks for letting us know.

I added a link to https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/NetworkManager/VPN

I still think, it would be great to have wireguard support in
NetworkManager not via a VPN plugin. But that is for another day.

best,
Thomas