Re: ipv6 method=shared ?

Am Dienstag, 3. April 2018, 13:27:28 CEST schrieb Thomas Haller:
On Sun, 2018-04-01 at 23:19 +0200, Thomas Schäfer wrote:
Hi,

What is the status of sharing IPv6 via NetworkManager.
I found some bug reports, an old branch lr/ipv6-sharing - but recent
documentation says "no".
What are the plans to share a /64 from one interface to an another?

Hi,

lr/ipv6-sharing is merged to master and released with 1.6 or newer.

Try latest 1.10 release.

For IPv6, NM does prefix delegation.

My second try did work. But to find, why first did not work, was hard. (NM says
only dhcpv6 request timed out)

Expecting that the networkmanager asks only for a prefix, I only allowed
DHCPv6-PD at my router.
But NM also asks for an address via dhcpv6. (Identity Association for Non-
temporary Address)

Why?

Are there further possibilities? Something like bridging or ndp-proxying, in
case there is no prefix available?

Thomas