Re: Port NetworkManager to meson

On Wed, 2017-11-08 at 13:40 +0100, Iñigo Martínez wrote:
Hi all,

These past few months I have been porting some libraries and
applications to meson build system[0], within the "MesonPorting"
initiative[1] that tries to port packages under GNOME umbrella to
meson.

As you may know, meson is a new build system which offers some
benefits over autotools, of which I would like to highlight the
following: it's very user friendly and usually, faster.

The fact that NetworkManager is quite large, and due to the effort it
would require to port it to meson, I would like to know if including
meson as build system could be interesting.

Please let me know any comment or suggestion you may have.

Thanks!

[0] http://mesonbuild.com/
[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/GnomeGoals/MesonPorting

Hi,

it seems that meson could significantly speed up the build,
which would be a very interesting thing to have.

Yes, we want to port to meson, but due to the amount of work, nobody
started doing that (yet).

Patches very welcome!

best,
Thomas