Re: nmcli connection add type gsm with PAP|CHAP ?

Thank you for reply.
I tried nmcli con mod after add succeeded, but it failed.

$ nmcli con modify <name> ppp.refuse-chap true
Error: invalid or not allowed setting 'ppp': 'ppp' not among [connection, gsm, serial, ipv4].

And my nmcli version is,

$ nmcli -v
nmcli tool, version 0.9.10.0

Thanks.
KJ

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 8:35 PM, Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 19:36 +0900, Kajio, Yoshinori wrote:
> Thanks for advice and sorry for late reply, I executed like following
> and got error.
> Is there something wrong? ppp.refuse-chap is valid for adding
> connection with type gsm?
>
> ---
> user <user> password <pass> ppp.refuse-chap true
> Error: Unexpected argument 'ppp.refuse-chap'
> ---

Hi,

that works for me. But older nmcli versions didn't support passing
arguments of the form "<group>.<property>" during `nmcli connection
add`.

Does it work if you first issue the add, followed by a

  nmcli connection modify <name> ppp.refuse-chap true

?

ciao,
Thomas

--