Re: MAC address randomization prevents connecting to some wifi AP

Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com> writes:

From the logfile it's not clear why it would fail. There is also no
<warn> message about NM being unable to change the MAC address -- which
I would expect to see when the driver cannot change the MAC address.
But then it's unclear why you say "wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no" fixes
the issue.

You'd have to enable level=TRACE logging , see

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/plain/contrib/fedora/rpm/NetworkManager.conf?id=master

I enabled logging and now have a 3000+ lines file and I don't know what
parts are relevant. It's too big for paste.bin so please find it
as a gzipped attachment.

Julien.