VPN not authenticating on Fedora 25

Looking for help on something. My VPN for remote access to work is
based on openconnect, and worked fine last time I used it - which was
about two months ago, so probably before upgrading to Fedora 25.

My problem is simple - if I try to activate the VNP connection through
either Gnome Shell or through the Network control panel, it immediately
switches off again. In the control panel, I briefly (for small
fractions of a second) see the "Not connected" text replaced with
"Authentication required", before reverting back to "Not connected".

Now, previously, this used to pop up a dialog for authentication... any
idea why this is no longer happening? I tried creating a new VPN
connection in NM, but that exhibits the same problem.

Ideas on how I can diagnose the problem?

Simon.