ip configuration over dbus

Hi!

I try to configure IP settings over dbus. It seems that this is not possible over org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.IP4Config. I noticed that IP4 configuration functions are found from libnm-util/nm-setting-ip4-config.c. From there it seems that these are private settings. I did not find "private"  interface from MM-dbus. However, I tried following example I found (https://github.com/lcp/NetworkManager/blob/master/examples/python/update-secrets.py) in order to get more choices for configuration, but only thing I got was src/settings/nm-settings-connection.c.831 - Internal error; secrets cache invalid. So this does not look like correct approach. So private was no same as secret.

No I would appreciate good advices if anyone knew if it is possible at all to browse/change ipv4 settings (https://developer.gnome.org/NetworkManager/unstable/ref-settings.html), like ipv4 method (manual/auto) by using dbus interface?
If so, could anyone provide pointer to example code if such exists?

Thanks,
Matti